Halloween 20 Questions
Supplies: Halloween terms, creativity, pen and paper
A spooky twist to 20 questions, a game that will pits teams against each other trying to figure out what Halloween term they are. Play with Halloween charades or pictionary cards or come up with your own that can be easy or difficult.
Ideas for Halloween 20 Question terms
Cartoons characters like The Great Pumpkin, Movies Titles (Paranormal Activity, Friday the 13th, etc…) Authors of Spooky Books like Stephen King, this year’s popular Halloween costumes – (Summer blockbusters, tv shows and music characters), Spooky Songs – Thriller, Monster Mash and anything that represents Halloween.
Halloween 20 Questions – Game Prep
On individual slips of paper place your Halloween terms and phrases, you’ll need 1 or 3 terms per person that will be playing. This will allow you to play more than once if you wish. Plus it never hurts to have a few extra terms just in case extra guests come to your party.
– Teams will take alternating turns
– 1st Person from Team A is given a Halloween card with a Halloween term
– The remaining Players from Team A can then Ask 1 Question per round, which the person holding the Halloween card can answer Yes or No. (One idea is to have a different team member ask the question each time.)
– Team A has one team guess per turn (The team should be given 15 or 20 seconds to guess the answer.)
– A Member from Team B will track how guesses (turns) it takes to correctly guess the Halloween term.
– Once the Halloween Item is guessed, the teams score is how many guesses it took to get the correct answers. So if they guess the correct term on the 8th turn then they earn a score of 8 points
– Once Team A is done with their turn, Team B goes through the same process. Then go back and forth between teams as you play and score each round.
– Once every member as the team has gone – the Team with the overall lowest score Wins.
Penalty Option: If teams guess more than one answer during a turn – Add a 3 point penalty to their score.
Thanks Jenna, Johnson City, TN