Christmas Roll the Dice Gift Exchanges
Supplies: Die or Dice, gifts for the gift exchange and dice game rules
Roll the Dice Gift Exchange is a fun gift exchange dice game where the roll of the dice determine whether you can steal, keep or if everyone is passing their gifts to the left or right. We provide single die and dice directions and what each roll represents. We offer diy graphics you can use and now a printable roll the dice for your holiday fun.
Our Christmas Gift Exchange Dice Game is so popular, we gotten requests to create a printable version. We are happy to announce that we have created a variety pack of Christmas Roll the Dice games that you can now easily print and play!
Our Gift Exchange Dice Games – 3 Pack Includes
• 2 Single Die Game options – 1 with simple passes & 1 with multiple passes per turn
• 1 Two Dice Play
• All games offer single page printing and 4 per sheet printing to hand out to guests.
• Printable version include gift exchange dice game rules & game options.
Purchase Printable Christmas Roll the Game Gift Exchange Games $3.50
Our Gift Exchange Dice Game includes
• 2 Single Die Games
Our Printable Pack offers a version that is unique and not shown on this page.
• 1 Pair of Dice Game
• 2 Printing Options – 1 or 4 game sheets per page
• Gift Exchange rules and instructions
Once purchased, the game link will be emailed to so you can download it.
We know the holidays are busy with shopping, decorating, making cookies and spending time with family and friends. Our Christmas Roll the Dice Gift Exchange printable was created to help you save and time and have something to hand out to your gift exchange guests. With three different gift exchange dice games you can mix things up and won’t be playing the same game twice. We thought it would be fun to change things up.
The game is recommend for adults and kids 8 and older who are okay with trade and stealing gifts.
Length of Game: Gift Exchanges can vary in length based on group size and which gift exchange dice game rules you follow. A typical Roll the Dice game lasts between 7 – 15 minutes.
See below for more information on DIY Christmas Roll the Game games.
Roll the Dice Gift Exchange Single Die Play
Game Prep is pretty easy.
1. You need a single die, people with presents and the roll rule sheet.
2. Second you’ll need to determine how to end the Roll the Dice Gift Exchange before you begin.
a. Play until everyone rolls the dice a set number of times. We say 3 times works best.
Then at the end of the last roll you keep the present you have.
b. Play until the last gift is unwrapped.
c. Play until all the gifts are Kept / Safe (takes the longest because not everyone wants their gift.)
NOTE: It is possible to end the game, without all the gifts being unwrapped.
Rules for Roll The Dice Gift Exchange
1. Have everyone bring their gift and come together in a circle / around a table. Tables work best for rolling and passing the die.
2. Randomly determine who goes first. Oldest, youngest, closest birthday to Host’s birthday all work. Once you determine who goes first. That person will roll the die, take their turn and then pass the die to the left for the next person to roll.
3. Explain the Game: Guests will roll the die and what they roll will correspond to the Roll the Dice Gift Exchange rules in the graphic above. Rules include passing gifts, stealing gifts, choosing a gift to keep and unwrapping your gift.
4. Note: If someone Rolls a 1 and chooses to Keep their gift, they are no longer included in the game as they have their gift.
5. State how your the Gift Exchange will end before you begin. After “x” rounds, all gifts opened, etc.
6. If Guest or Guests end up with the gift they brought.
a. If just one guest ends up with the gift they brought, they roll until they can trade or pass with someone in the group.
b. If two people have their own gifts. They simply trade gifts and the exchange is over.
c. Three or more people have their original gift. Just those people with their own gift remain in the game and the next person rolls the die. Odd number – Pass the Right and Even number Pass to the Left and that ends the gift exchange.
Roll the Dice Gift Exchange
Roll the Dice is the more common variation of this game as there are more options. We added a few unique elements that include just guys and just gals, plus clothing colors. Note if you don’t like the options or need to change them because it might be the Women’s Club and there are no guys in the gift exchange go ahead and adjust them. Our rules are guidelines and it is your party, so adjust as needed.
All the rules are the general game play rules are the same as the single die game. See game prep & play above. Once you keep a gift it is yours, your roll determines what you can do and so on. There are just more rolling options. We made the least rolled numbers the most valuable, so there is a reward for rolling double 1’s and 6’s.
Roll the Dice Gift Exchange works really well for groups of 8 – 15 people. The key to success of this gift exchange game is being able to see who is rolling and what they rolled. That is why playing around a table works so well, if no one can see the roll it is less exciting.
Last just remember to define how the game ends, before play begins!
We tend to favor the three rounds option as our favorite because people tend to know that the pressure is on and this works best with groups of 12 or more. However, with small groups 12 and under it can be more fun until all the gifts are unwrapped or claimed “Keep / Safe” from stealing or passing.
FYI – It is possible that the game ends and some gifts are still wrapped.
Have fun with your present exchange, be safe and Happy Holidays.