Pin the Nose on the Reindeer
Supplies: Poster board, markers to draw with, construction paper and craft supplies to cut out noses and create reindeer head.
This Pin the Tail on the Donkey type game is just right for kid’s Christmas parties and events. Pin the Nose on the Reindeer or even pin the Carrot on the Snowman are easy games that most kids know how to play and already have had fun playing.
Pin the Nose on the Reindeer Game Prep
1. Draw or purchase an image of Rudolph or any reindeer, if drawing we recommend a piece of poster board (22 x 28) and once you are done drawing it then color it in. Note leave the nose area blank. This is where the reindeer’s nose will go. If you are using red noses to represent Rudolph you can use a black nose as the target.
2. Cut out black or red circle to represent noses. The size should be 1/2 to 1 inch wide.
Before play it is helpful to number the noses so you know who pinned which nose.
3. Prior to a players turns add tacky putty or tape to the back of the nose, so it sticks to the Reindeer.
4. Securely hang the Reindeer image on a wall or door (never near steps) and have the nose be just above the average kids shoulder height.
1. Kids are informed that they are going to play Pin the Nose on the Reindeer.
2. Then show them the Reindeer. Tell the kids that one by one they will have a chance to pin a nose on the reindeer and The player getting the nose closest to the reindeer’s nose wins.
3. While at first this sound pretty easy, you will them reveal that they will be blindfolded for this task and spun around a few times prior to completing the task.
4. Now have the first child come up, (make sure you have their nose number or that their name is on the back) add tape to back of nose, hand it back to the player, blindfold them and then ask if they are ready?
5. When they say yes, spin them around 2 – 3 times and point them in the direction of the reindeer.
6. When they get within arms length of the reindeer tell them to STOP, slowly reach out the arm with the nose, and pin their nose.
7. Once they have pinned the nose on the reindeer, they can step back and take the blindfold off to see how they have done.
8. Continue this process until all players have gone.
9. Then evaluate which nose is closest to the center and determine a winner. If there appears to be a tie you can do one last round between the finalist.
These printable games can easily be added to any kid’s Christmas party.
Party Game Ideas may receive compensation if featured items are purchased from linked web sites.