Dirty Dice Christmas Gift Grab Game
Supplies: Gifts, dice, timer
Dirty Dice gift exchange game has been around for years and some versions had some guests getting more than one gift while others get none. Well, Party Game Ideas has review the game once again and come up with some Dirty Dice Christmas Gift Grab games. So just choose the one that works best for your holiday party.
Dirty Dice Gift Grab – Get the Loot Kids Game
1. The host provides a variety of Holiday candy / gifts / favors. We would suggest going to Oriental Trading or a party store and getting a variety of candy and then a few premium items that kids would want to steal. You only want a few of the premium items, so there is a want to grab the gift. Have 2-3 items (if small) per person, so for 10 kids it would be about 20 – 30 items.
2. Place the candy and gifts in the center of the group, use a bowl if needed. Items can be wrapped or unwrapped.
3. Once everyone is seated, give two dice to the first person and they roll the dice. If you have a large group of 10 people or more add one pair of dice for each 10 people. If they roll doubles of any number they can Grab a Gift from the pile and if they roll anything other then a double then the dice get passed to the person on their left.
4. Guests roll the dice, grab gifts and pass the dice, this continues until all the gifts have been taken. Note: Some players may have 4 gifts, others 2 and others 1. If the gifts are wrapped, have players unwrap their gifts.
5. Now it gets dirty! A timer is set for 10 or 15 minutes and the dice keep going around the room to each person. Now if someone rolls a double they can steal an prize / gift from anyone OR claim an gift as safe.
6. Players who steal gifts, have to hope that the dice get back around to them and they roll another doubles so they can claim the gift as safe. (A gift that can not be taken.)
7. Play continues until the timer goes off. Now if everyone has gifts, the safe gifts and gifts in front of them is theirs and the game is over. If however, one or more players don’t have gifts. Then those players who don’t have gifts get to roll and once they roll doubles they can steal a gift. Once the last each player has at least one gift the game ends.
Dirty Dice Gift Grab – Version 1
1. Everyone brings a wrapped gift and it is placed on the gift pile.
2. Once everyone is seated, the first person is given dice to roll and if they roll a double, they select a gift from the pile and if they don’t the dice get passed to the left.
3. The rolling and selection of gifts from the pile continues until each person has a gift. Note: Once a player has a gift they no longer roll the dice. Dice rolls are only for those who still need gifts.
4. Once all players have a gift. Everyone unwraps their gift at the same time.
5. Now Things Get Dirty with Gift Steals! But there is a way to keep a gift.
6. The last person to get the last gift gets to roll the dice first. If they roll a double they have two options: a. Steal anyone’s gift that is still in the game OR b. Claim their gift.
How the Claiming Gift Process:
First, rather than stealing a gift they claim their gift. They can lay claim by placing a bow on their gift, so others now it is claimed. HERE IS THE CATCH – A claimed gift can still be stolen, if anyone rolls a doubles and steals the gift before the person who claimed the gift rolls a second doubles.
7. The game ends when the next to last person has a claimed gift and rolls a double to make it theirs, then the last person left in the game gets the gift that they have.
Please note this version can take a while to play but it does make the game very dirty and frustrating as the gift stealing of claimed gifts seems endless. If nothing has really happened in 10 minutes and no one has a safe gift, then eliminate the extra double to make your gift safe, move to a round where you can steal and make your gift safe.
Dirty Dice Gift Grab – Double 6’s
Step 2: Once everyone is seated, have guests start rolling the dice and when they get a pair they can pull a gift from the pile. The dice continue to be passed around to those who have not yet rolled a pair. Note: Those who already have a gift are skipped. When you get down to two people rolling dice the last person to roll a pair selects one gift and the other person gets the final present.
Step 3: Now everyone has fun opening their gift and seeing what they have.
Step 4: Now set a timer for 10 or 15 minutes and start the dice with the person who received the last gift. They roll the dice and if they roll a pair they can now trade gifts with anyone. However, if they roll a pair of 6’s then they can trade gifts with anyone and the gift they chose is theirs to keep! No one can steal it. After they roll the dice, they then pass it off to the next player to the left.
Continue playing the game until the buzzer goes off. Once the buzzer sounds, the last turn is finished and each person gets to keep the gift that they currently have.