Supplies: Mardi Gras beads and or pins too, pen, paper
This Mardi Gras party game is a great ice breaker and can get the party started by getting everyone socializing with trying to find out who has the beads on the Scavenger Hunt list.
Mardi Gras Beads Scavenger Hunt Prep & Play
1. You need to purchase a variety of unique beads or Mardi Gras beads for the party.
– There are jester beads, coin beads, light up beads, over-sized beads, etc…
– You can even combine strands of 3, 5, and 7 beads by color to differentiate the beads for this game.
– If you can’t find enough beads, then you can also use pins too.
– Last, if money is tight ask each person to get a unique set of beads for the party.
2. Now before the scavenger hunt lay out all the beads and type up what makes these beads unique. It can be something like:
Who is wearing the lobster beads?
Who has 3 strands of gold beads?
The beads that contains 3 Jesters is worn by?
– If you each guest bring their own beads ask them to let you know in advance what they are wearing, so you’ll be able to create the Scavenger Hunt sheet.
3. When guests arrive – Have them remove any beads that they brought.
Then give them your Mardi Gras beads and let them, they can put the other beads after the ice breaker.
Once all of your guests have arrived, announce that you are going to get things started with a Mardi Gras Scavenger Hunt
And You are all wearing what we are looking for.
At this point you are likely to get a few puzzled looks, which is what you want.
4. Now let them know that you are going to had out a sheet and pens with a list of Mardi Gras beads on it (and pins if applicable) and you’ll going to have to find out who is wearing which beads. The first person to correctly complete the list will be our Mardi Gras King or Queen and will toss out beads with the hosts!
– You can also set a time limit 5 or 10 minutes and see who gets the most correct. If you have more than one person with all the correct answers, then randomly select a winner between all the correct answers.
Last if you have a party and you have more than one guest with the same name (Jennifer, Heather, Michelle, Emma) than you might want to list all the names on the sheet as possible answers so someone knows whether to write Heather K. or Heather P. as the answer.
This Mardi Gras game is a great ice breaker and has everyone mingling and looking at the beads.