DIY Baby Names Quiz
Supplies: Baby data, create questions, paper and pen
Looking for a unique Baby Shower Game? Well the DIY Baby Name Quiz is perfect and you can change the quiz every time you play. We provide you with a few samples and over 100 years of baby name data, all you need to do is come up with the questions to ask.
We have pulled together Baby Name data for boys and girls from 1910 – 2009 and placed it on this page. We also have come up with various quiz questions you can include on your Baby Names Quiz to get you started.
We will also point out facts that we thought were interesting. Now all you have to do is add a few more questions and you will have 12 – 20 questions for your Baby names Quiz. Then you can hand it out at the baby shower, give guests 3-5 minutes to write down the answers, then reveal the answers and score the games.
Baby Name Questions To Get You Started
1. In what decade did Doris and Mildred reach the Top Ten for girls baby names.
2. What girls name held the Number one spot the most times in the past 100 years?
3. Name the only one state has had its name appear in the Baby’s Top Ten name list? ______________
4. Four names have appeared on the Top Ten Boy’s name list 8 times each. Select the name below that has not appeared on the list 8 times.
5. What has been the most popular name that can be used for either a used for a girl or a boy during the past decade? ___________
These questions should give you a good start, now used the baby name tables below to create your own baby Names questions.
Here are the answers to the questions.
2. Mary – 5 Decades – 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950
3. Virginia in 1910 and 1920
4. e. Michael – While Michael has been the most popular name since 1950, it didn’t even make the list in 1910, 1920 or 1930
5. Jordan – While more popular for boys than girls, Jordan is in the Top 100 for both.
Top Baby Names starting in 1910’s
Here are the Top Names from 2010 – 2017
Boys: Noah, Jacob, Mason, Liam, William
Girls: Emma, Sophia, Olivia, Isabella, Ava
We hope these help you make a great Baby Name Quiz.