Find Santa’s Reindeer – Scavenger Hunt Game
Supplies: Reindeer, pen and paper, places to hide reindeer
Find Santa’s Reindeer is a scavenger hunt type game that is a lot of fun for offices, homes and places where you have multiple rooms / areas to hide reindeer.
Find Santa’s Reindeer Scavenger Hunt Game Prep
1. You’ll need to buy 8 reindeer or print out 8 reindeer images, one more if you want to include Rudolph.
2. You will need to hide the reindeer prior to the arrival of any guests. Hiding places should range from easy to difficult to find. It helps to have different rooms to hide them in and indoor & outdoor locations. Record where you have placed all of the reindeer. Ideas – Tree, Light Fixtures, Behind Firewood, Under a Table, Mixed in with Presents
3. Create a sheet where guests will write down the location of the reindeer.
How to Play Find Santa’s Reindeer Scavenger Hunt
1. Once the guests have arrived, hand out the Find Santa’s Reindeer Scavenger Hunt sheet with the number of reindeer they need to find and a blank space beside each number so they can write in the location.
2. Share the background story – Santa’s Reindeer had a big party last night, the eve before Christmas Eve, and now Santa doesn’t know where they are and he needs your help to find his reindeer! We created a video when we played this game at the party (in a breaking news format) and it was a great success.
3. Let them know the Reindeer Scavenger Hunt area; house, office, yard or ballroom. Also a photo or picture as a samples of the reindeer they are looking for this way they know whether they are looking for a paper reindeer or a stuffed reindeer.
4. Before everyone heads out to locate the reindeer let them know that, they better act quick because only the First 8 (or 9 – if Rudolph is used) people / teams to Find Santa’s Reindeer wins a prize.
5. You can play the first teams to Find the Reindeer win a prize, but if the reindeer are difficult to find you might want to set a time limit for the scavenger hunt and and then award prizes to the teams that have found the more.
6. Prizes – If you bought stuffed Reindeer – the Reindeer are the prize! And if they are different the first team gets to pick the reindeer they want. I you went with paper reindeer then have prizes for the winners and the first person / team to find all the reindeer gets to pick the prize they want. Then the next person / team picks a prize and so on.
Sarah – The Party Game Ideas Lady
– Shop locally or online.
– Craft stores, Holiday Shops
– Find Reindeer & Moose online – Shop Amazon for Reindeer